SKIDROW – PC Game 8-Bit Hordes Free Download released on 13 Aug 2016 by SKIDROW Repacks and 8-Bit Hordes Full Version is the follow-up title to the Real-Time Arcade/Strategy game 8-Bit Armies. With a colorful, blocky voxel art style, 8-Bit Hordes is a fun take on the fantasy RTS genre which is easy to learn and play yet fun for players of all skill levels.
Review 8-Bit Hordes Full Version :
This stand-alone expansion type thing to Petroglyph’s 8-Bit Armies is quite a solid game. It features two factions, both basic archetypes of fantasy-good and fantasy-evil similar to the original Warcrafts, simple uncomplicated RTS gameplay, and a cute aesthetic that reminds me of old browser based LEGO real time strategy games.
If you want the full experience, I would recommend getting this game along with its twin 8-Bit armies, so that you can mix and match the four factions from the two games together in multiplayer and skirmish. The campaigns for each faction are a bit lackluster, with no real story, voice acting, or cutscenes, just a series of skirmish maps (beautifully designed skirmish maps, mind you) with different scenarios to play through. However I feel that the core gameplay is fast and tense enough that doesn’t matter so much, even if it is little more than a fantasy reskin of 8-Bit Armies.
- Great art style (even more detailed than before).
- Two new Warcraft inspired factions that play subtly different from 8 Bit Armies.
- Two campaigns + co-op campaign.
- Easy to learn, fun and fast RTS gameplay.
- Play with or against 8 Bit Armies players.
- Good AI.
- Really great price point.
- Awesome music.
- Might be a bit lacking for hardcore RTS players.
- Campaign(s) lacks voice acting and fancy cutscenes.
Game Title: 8-Bit Hordes SKIDROW Repacks
Genre: Indie, Simulation, Strategy
Release Date: Aug 13, 2016